Treatment to Tube and Pipe for preventing “Angel Hair” & “Snake Skin” in plastics conveying systems
Theory Behind Flo-Lining
- The interior of tube or pipe has a hammered finish applied to it.
- The finish is extremely irregular without sharpness encountered in sandblasting.
- Testing has proven that the surface hardness increased as much as 10% due to the hammered stress.
- Conveying lines which utilize aluminum alloys will work harden, therefore increasing the life of the textured surface.
- When originally tested the hammered finish scored so low that the tests were repeated several times to be certain that the generation of fines, fluff and streamers were consistent. *
- Aluminum or stainless steel tube/pipe are available for lining.
*Copy of report available upon request.